Ornaments and trills add beauty and psychological insight to classical guitar pieces. They bring attention to certain notes, making music easier to understand (ideally).
Ornaments and trills were commonly used in music from the baroque period (Bach, Scarlatti, others). But they have also appeared in music throughout the ages.
Below you’ll find articles on ornaments and trills.
- 3 Tips for Comfortable Slurs: Easier Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs
- A Quick Guide to Musical Ornaments on the Guitar
- Beautiful Ornaments and Trills: Exercises for Practice
- How to Play Rolled Chords Musically on Classical Guitar
- Play “Naked”: Leave Out the Ornaments (at first)
- Slurs: The Classical Guitar Equivalent to 6-Pack Abs