Celtic Music for Classical Guitar – Free Sheet Music and TABs
This page is dedicated to Celtic Music for Guitar.
Scroll down for PDFs for Celtic Guitar TABs and notation.
Also browse the full library of classical guitar sheet music and classical guitar TABs.
- Anonymous – Greensleeves
- Celtic Music – A Bonny Lass to Marry Me
- Celtic Music – Afton Water
- Celtic Music – Aileen’s Reel
- Celtic Music – Alexander’s Hornpipe
- Celtic Music – All the Way to Galway
- Celtic Music – Anderson’s Jig
- Celtic Music – Bell’s Favourite Jig
- Celtic Music – Blackthorn Bush
- Celtic Music – Bolt the Door
- Celtic Music – Bonaparte’s Retreat
- Celtic Music – Running the Goat
- Celtic Music – Sleepy Maggie
- Celtic Music – The Carlton Weaver
- Celtic Music – The Fields of Athenry
- Celtic Music – The Gaelic Club
- Celtic Music – The Shepherd’s Flock
- Celtic Music – Whiskey Before Breakfast
- Celtic Music – Whistling Rufus
- Celtic Music for Classical Guitar – Free Sheet Music and TABs
- Folk Song, Celtic – Paddy Whack
- Folk Song, Celtic – Red is the Rose
- Horetzky, Felix – Scotch Air
- O’ Carolan, Turlough – Morgan Magan
- O’ Carolan, Turlough – Mrs. Power (Carolan’s Concerto)
- O’Carolan, Turlough – Captain O’Kane
- O’Carolan, Turlough – Carolan’s Receipt for Drinking
- O’Carolan, Turlough – Carolan’s Welcome
- O’Carolan, Turlough – Fanny Power
- O’Carolan, Turlough – O’ Carolans Farewell to Music
- O’Carolan, Turlough – Plantxy Irwin
- O’Carolan, Turlough – Planxty Connor
- O’Carolan, Turlough – Si’Bheg and Si’Mhor
- Scottish Traditional – ScotsWha hae wi’Wallace Bled
- Weatherly, Frederick – O Danny Boy (for solo guitar)
Celtic Music is a genre that descends from Western European countries. Most recognized as being related to Ireland and Scotland, there are also historical roots across countries such as France, Spain, and England.
As European exploration and colonization took place, Celtic Music was also exported to these new lands. The influence of this music can be clearly seen in traditional songs of early pioneers and musicians across the United States and Canada.
In fact, many of the famous fiddle Reels and Jigs composed during the 18th and 19th centuries in North America display a clear relationship with the sounds of traditional Celtic Music.
Hi, I’m Allen Mathews.
I started as a folk guitarist, then fell in love with classical guitar in my 20’s. Despite a lot of practice and schooling, I still couldn’t get my music to flow well. I struggled with excess tension. My music sounded forced. And my hands and body were often sore. I got frustrated, and couldn’t see the way forward. Then, over the next decade, I studied with two other stellar teachers – one focused on the technical movements, and one on the musical (he was a concert pianist). In time, I came to discover a new set of formulas and movements. These brought new life and vitality to my practice. Now I help guitarists find more comfort and flow in their music, so they play more beautifully.
Click here for a sample formula.
Click the button to take a step towards an
organized, effective guitar practice. >>>